While Tybee Island is only 20 minutes from Savannah, this Georgia island feels a world away. Known for pristine beaches and a historic lighthouse, there is so much to discover during your getaway. On your next visit with Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals, we highly recommend exploring all the outdoor adventures in this area of Georgia. There’s really no better way to spend your Tybee Island vacation than soaking in the sunshine and creating memories with the ones you love most.
The Best Tybee Island Outdoor Activities
No matter your desired activity level, there are things to do on Tybee Island that’ll have you surrounded by stunning scenery. To help get your planning started, here are five of our favorite outdoor adventures.
- Reserve your spot on a dolphin tour to see if you can catch a glimpse of these majestic animals. Several tour services, like Captain Derek’s Dolphin Adventure Tour, will take you around local waterways looking for these creatures.
- Explore Tybee Island on two wheels by securing a rental bike. Places like Tybee Island Bike Rentals LLC and Fat Tire Bikes have your bicycle needs covered and will even deliver them to your vacation rental.
- See who can reel in the biggest catch on a fishing excursion with local guides. The knowledgeable captains at Tybee Island Charters and Amick’s Deep Sea Fishing will take you to the best spots to drop anchor.
- Lace up your hiking boots and wander some of the best trails on Tybee Island. The 6-mile McQueen’s Island Trail is found on what was part of the Savannah & Atlantic railroad line. Start at the bridge behind the fort and follow a path that’ll take you to the Cockspur Lighthouse.
- Spend time exploring the aquatic landscape on a kayak tour. Sea Kayak Georgia offers outings perfect for all skill levels, while North Island Surf & Kayak is known for its guided eco-history tours.
Rest Up at Your Tybee Island Home Base
No matter what outdoor adventures you embark on in Tybee Island, Georgia, rest easy knowing you have a cozy place to call home. At Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals, we work to bring you incredible homes, cottages, and condos that provide you with a tranquil and conveniently located home base.
When browsing our inventory, think of what extra amenities you’d love to have in a vacation rental. Maybe this is a rental with a pool or a pet-friendly option. We have it all! Call 800-967-4433 for help selecting your Tybee Island rental. We can also answer any questions you have about why you should book direct or other ways to save on your stay. Be sure to share photos of your adventures using #TybeeOn.