Managing a vacation home is not a one size fits all kind of business. Whether you are a first-time real estate investor, a second homeowner, or just someone interested in subsidizing your favorite vacation location, we start with the basics.
We start with finding out more about you and your goals.
- Do you want to stay in your home often or just a few days a year?
- Is it strictly a financial decision, and you prefer someone else to handle all the details, or do you want to be closely involved with every aspect?
- Would you like to renovate soon, or do you love it just the way it is?
- Do you have resources to update the home, or will they have to be generated from rental revenue?
- Do you want it to be something that stays in the family for generations, or are you likely to sell it in the future?
Questions like these will help move us toward crafting a custom plan that will assure as much as possible that your asset and its management provide precisely the result you desired.
Once we understand where you are and where you hope to go, we will begin the stages to bring it to the active rental market.
- Collect all the relevant information about the home and its stakeholders
- Create and collect signatures for the management agreement.
- Register the property with the proper governing authorities.
- Take an inventory of the property to assess its guest readiness.
- Resolve any issues or concerns that might prevent it from being ready for rentals.
- Install Smart Home technology including, remotely programable digital locks, thermostats, and monitoring hardware.
- Build out the property and owner profiles in our reservation software.
- Produce photos and a three-dimensional walk-through tour of the property for marketing.
- Create and post a rate and fee schedule for the property.
- Publish the listing on our website with the property description, imagery, reservation guidelines, and house rules.
- Using API technology, synchronize the publication of the property across multiple national and international vacation home listing sites and integrate it with data services.
After the property goes live, we will begin the reservation management and guest services
- Communicate via phone, email, and text using our enhanced CRM with leads providing
property details and promoting reservation sales.
- Verify guests and collect contact information.
- Collect payment, including fees and taxes.
- Ensure the acquisition of signed digital rental agreements before guest arrival.
- Schedule housekeeping and inspections of the property before guest arrival.
- Update the guest with pertinent information about their vacation home and when it will be available for check-in.
- Verify the guest’s arrival, providing check-in materials, including directions, property access credentials, and parking passes.
- Provide guests with local information about restaurants, activities, shopping, and city and
beach rules and guidelines.
- Continue open communication with the guest based on needs and services through
- Verify guest departure and inspect the property.
During our ongoing operations, we will also provide the following for the owner.
- Provide essential non-permitted maintenance services at a low cost.
- Regularly replace HVAC filters, standard batteries, and light bulbs.
- Remit all taxes to the proper authorities
- Provide on-call after-hours communication and guest services for urgent matters.
- Deposit payment of rental revenues minus expenses via ACH or provide by mail with a check.
- Create and provide invoices with cost breakdowns and income statements.
- Provide the owner with an owner portal to place and monitor reservation data and access digital copies of invoices and statements.
- Keep advised on the owner’s behalf of all local regulations and ordinances relating to vacation rental operations and ownership.
- Continue ongoing communications regarding property concerns, damage, or status and provide access to resources to resolve issues outside our expertise.