When you think of holidays to plan a vacation around, chances are St. Patrick’s Day is not at the top of your list. However, it should be, especially if you’re trying to figure out when to book your getaway with Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals. Our coastal Georgia vacation rentals are the ideal home base for anyone looking to check out all the St. Patrick’s Day fun in Savannah and Tybee Island.
Both Tybee Island and Savannah host parades filled with plenty of fun. Dates for the parades can vary each year, so check online for this year’s information. The Tybee Island event is the first parade of the season. It starts at 3 p.m. and travels from Tybee City Hall down Butler Avenue to Tybrisa Street.
The most anticipated event of the St. Patrick’s Day season here is the annual Savannah parade. The sea of green travels from Gwinnett Street near Forsyth Park to the Historic District. While the parade starts around 10:15 a.m., roads begin to close well before that. To avoid the bottleneck of cars, we recommend utilizing the shuttles. For anyone looking to watch marching bands, floats, and dancers in style, check out the bleacher spots you can reserve.
Other Green Festivities
The fun isn’t limited to the parades listed above. For more information on events, visit the Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Committee website.
- Head to Forsyth Park to watch the fountain turn green. This popular annual tradition takes place before St. Patrick’s Day.
- Take part in a special mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist that honors Irish immigrants who settled in the country, specifically Savannah.
- Join the parade of Irish families and organizations as they head to the site of the Celtic Cross Monument in Emmet Park for a formal ceremony.
Get Away from the Crowds | Tranquil Tybee Island Rentals
St. Patrick’s Day festivities attract countless visitors to Savannah. A great way to escape the crowds while being close enough to enjoy all the fun is by staying on Tybee Island. Now is the perfect time to find your ideal home or condo from Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals.
Whether visiting with friends or family, we have a Tybee Island rental that fits your wants and needs. Take your time browsing our inventory to find the property that meets all your wants, like a private pool or ocean views. For help reserving your dream vacation rental or to learn more about special offers, call 800-967-4433.
For families across the country, spring break is the first major vacation season of the year. After the craziness of the holidays and getting back into the routine of everyday life, you and your kids are sure to need a break. For a fun and unique destination, pack your bags and head to Tybee Island for an unforgettable spring break vacation.
After reserving your dream rental from Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals, turn your attention to planning your adventures. Having some kind of rough itinerary helps ensure you don’t waste too much time trying to figure out what to do after you’ve arrived. Keep reading to learn more about some of our favorite things to do and see.
5 Things to Do on a Tybee Island Vacation
- Tybee Island has a total area of 5.2 miles, which means you can easily explore every inch of it. Have Tybee Island Bike Rentals, LLC., drop off rental bikes for the whole family and set off to see what you can find.
- While the water will still be on the cooler side, no trip to Tybee Island is complete without a beach day. Visit South Beach to watch the sunset from Tybee Island Pier and Pavilion. The waters off the coast of Mid Beach are perfect for paddleboarding; just make sure you’re dressed appropriately.
- Spend a day in Savannah. Wander River Street, home to charming shops and delicious restaurants. Book your spot on a guided tour, like one from Genteel & Bard, that showcases the sights of the historic district.
- Sneak in a bit of learning. An adventure with Tybee Beach Ecology Trips includes activities that teach you about the animals and habitats of the barrier island. Another great way to learn about the aquatic life of the island is by visiting the Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- Spend a day out on the water kayaking. The best way to wander area waterways is on a guided outing with Sea Kayak Georgia or North Island Surf & Kayak. Both offer several excursions that showcase the island’s beautiful ecosystem.
Enjoy Some R&R at Your Tybee Island Rental
Your kids will be on spring break before you know it, which means now is the perfect time to book your Tybee Island escape. For anyone planning to spend time on this Georgia barrier island, there’s no better place to rent from than Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals.
Our inventory includes spacious cottages, homes, and condos. Every rental has all the comforts of home, but there’s one with the extra touches you’re looking for. Take advantage of the amenities that come with staying at a condo complex, or enjoy having a private pool. Call 800-967-4433 to learn more about which Tybee Island rental is right for you and ways to save.
If you can’t remember the last time you packed your bags and headed out on a memorable vacation, you’re overdue. There are countless places to visit, but there are also endless reasons Tybee Island should be at the top of your list. Countless vacationers have made the Georgia barrier island their preferred destination. If you need convincing about why you should start planning your Tybee Island vacation, the team at Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals has put together a list of three reasons why you should visit.
1. Incredible Weather
One thing about Tybee Island is that each season brings idyllic conditions. One of the most popular times to visit is spring, known for warm weather that doesn’t reach the highs of summer. Even when summer arrives, temperatures generally peak in the 80s. While winter is cooler, it doesn’t experience the same harsh conditions that other parts of the country do.
2. Countless Fun Things to Do
No matter when you visit Tybee Island, you will never have to worry about being bored. The island is home to many activities and attractions that appeal to a wide range of interests. History buffs will love visiting the Tybee Island Lighthouse, the oldest and tallest lighthouse in the state. Reserve your spot on one of the numerous outings offered by Sundial Charter Tours. For ideas on what to do during your visit, check out our blog.
3. Selection of Spacious Vacation Rentals
Both of the above don’t mean much if you don’t have a wide selection of places to call home. For years, Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals has worked to bring vacationers a vast offering of Tybee Island vacation homes. As a family-owned business, we know how important vacations are, and we take pride in playing a small part in your Tybee Island vacation.
Our inventory includes condo rentals in some of the best complexes on the island, all of which come with free Wi-Fi and complimentary parking. We also offer an incredible selection of cottages and house rentals, ranging from one bedroom to eight. All of these means you’re sure to find your perfect place to stay on Tybee Island. If you have any questions about our Tybee Island rentals and which one meets all your wants and needs, call 800-967-4433. We can also answer any questions you have about special offers or how to save by booking directly.