While summer is known as one of the prime vacation seasons, there is never a bad time to visit Tybee Island. The barrier island is known for being the perfect place for everyone, from families to couples, looking to enjoy the slower pace of life. Fall in Georgia is an excellent time to plan your stay with Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals. Experience all the beauty and adventure Tybee Island has to offer without the summer crowds.
Embrace the Cooler Autumn Weather
Tybee Island experiences idyllic weather year-round, especially in the fall. Summer heat begins to taper off, but temperatures remain mild and pleasant. This means you can still enjoy all the outdoor activities Tybee Island is known for while also enjoying the crisp autumn air. To help you plan your visit, we’ve made a list of some of the top fall activities in our area of Georgia.
- Say goodbye to summer with the Labor Day Beach Bash takes place at the Tybee Island Pier and Pavilion and features incredible live music. Dance the night away before enjoying the fireworks celebration.
- Enjoy a breathtaking sunset without having to stay up all night. There are countless ways to watch the sun sink into the horizon, including on a twilight tour with Sundial Charter Tours or on the beach.
- One of the most anticipated events of the year takes place in October, and that’s the weekend-long Tybee Island Pirate Fest. Enjoy live music, a parade, and pirate performers. Join the fun by donning your best pirate costume!
- Embrace the spookiness of the season by going on haunted tours. Learn about the dark side of Fort Pulaski National Monument on the From Drowning to Dysentery tour. Head to Savannah to go on a ghost tour with Genteel & Bard.
- Tybee Island always has delicious dishes, but another item gets added to the lineup in the fall: oysters. Fall is the start of oyster season, and there are several incredible places to try this delicacy, including The Crab Shack, Bernie’s Oyster House, and A-J’s Dockside Restaurant.
Enjoy All the Perks of an Off-Season Getaway
Not only does fall in Georgia mean smaller crowds at local attractions, but it also means less competition when booking your Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals home or condo. Our inventory includes some of the best vacation rentals Tybee Island has to offer in all sizes and styles.
By offering such a variety of rentals, we can host groups of all sizes and budgets. No matter which property you reserve, you’ll have all the comforts of home. Spend your days exploring and your nights whipping up home-cooked meals or relaxing by the pool. For help choosing your Tybee Island rental, call 800-967-4433 to speak with an experienced team member. They can also answer any questions you have about our special offers.
Often times on vacation, a key family member is missing. If you’re looking to bring your pup with you on your next vacation, consider staying at one of the Tybee Island pet-friendly rentals from Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals. There is plenty to do and see on the Georgia barrier island that two and four-legged visitors will love.
Things to Do on or near Tybee Island with Your Pooch
Even though pets aren’t allowed on Tybee Island beaches, there is still so much you can do with them on and around the island.
- Go for a stroll on the sidewalks and streets near your Tybee Island rental. Just make sure you keep your dog on a leash.
- Another excellent option for letting your pup get some energy out is by taking them on pet-friendly hiking trails. Fort Pulaski in Savannah has several options, including the North Pier Trail or Historic Dike System Trail.
- Play fetch at one of the two dog parks on Tybee Island. The Fort Street park is ideal for smaller dogs, while the Tybee Island Dog Park is great for larger breeds.
- If your dogs are well-behaved, they can join you on aquatic adventures. Kayak rental services like Aqua Dog Kayak Company allow you to bring your furry friend out with you. Be sure to read up on their pet policy before making your reservation.
- Going out to eat doesn’t mean you have to leave your pup behind. There are several pet-friendly restaurants on Tybee Island, like Huc-A-Poo’s Bites & Pizza, North Beach Bar & Grill, and The Crab Shack.
Plan a Getaway the Whole Family Will Love
On your next vacation, bring the whole family along by staying at pet-friendly Tybee Island rentals. At Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals, we have the perfect place to call home that’s loved by humans and dogs alike.
Browse our rentals that allow smaller dogs with an applicable pet fee to find the one that fits your group best. All our Tybee Island rentals have everything you and your pooch need to feel at home and comfortable. To learn more about our pet policy, call 800-967-4433. Be sure to check for special offers before reserving your stay.
Tybee Island is the perfect destination for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. However, while this barrier island is known for its laid-back atmosphere, that doesn’t mean it’s boring. There is no shortage of things to do and see near your Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals home, including outdoor adventures and incredible shopping. Our charming town is also only about 20 minutes from Savannah, GA, so exploring places like the historic district is just a short drive away!
Go on Tours of the Savannah Neighborhood
Savannah is made up of several unique areas, including the Historic Landmark District. Known as the hub of downtown, there is something for everyone to enjoy here. One of the best things to do in this Savannah neighborhood is to embark on guided tours that’ll show off the sights while teaching you about the past. If you’d rather explore at your own pace, you can purchase and download a self-guided tour that starts at the visitor center and takes you along almost five miles of cobblestone streets.
Old Savannah Tours offers a number of excursions to choose from. The most popular option is the hop-on/hop-off tour that starts at the Savannah Welcome Center and travels to 14 historic stops. The best part of this option is you can get off the trolley to get a closer look at something or remain seated if you’d rather move on to the next stop.
Wear your most comfortable shoes for a walking tour with Genteel & Bard. The Savannah History Tour lasts about two hours and takes you past popular landmarks like Green-Meldrim House and Colonial Park Cemetery. They also offer a Savannah Women’s History Tour, and, if you’re feeling brave, a Dark History & Ghost Encounter Tour.
Let segways be your mode of transportation on an excursion with Adventure Tours in Motion. With both 60 and 90-minute tours available, you can choose the best option for your schedule. You can also book an e-bike tour or luxury van tour.
Before or after your tour, keep the fun going by exploring the parks and squares found here. If you find yourself getting hungry, don’t worry! There are countless restaurants to dine at, so you can enjoy a delicious meal before returning to your Tybee Island rental.
Escape to Tybee Island
After a day spent wandering the historic district of Savannah, GA, there’s nothing better than relaxing back on Tybee Island. Enjoy a drink at a local bar or have a movie night in your home away from home. Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals homes and cottages are so popular for those in the Savannah area that we were voted “Best Islands Vacation Rental” as part of the 2023 Best Of Savannah Reader’s Poll!
Our inventory has something for everyone, from condos to cottages to single-family homes. By offering such a variety of Tybee Island vacation rentals, we can host groups of all sizes and budgets. To learn more about resetting your stay with us or why you should book direct, call 800-967-4433. Let us see photos from your adventures by using #TybeeOn!