When you book a rental from Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals, you’ll have all the comforts of home, including a fully equipped kitchen. While it’s always nice to explore local cuisine and restaurants, some nights you may just want to stay in. After a day searching for dolphins or discovering local history, gather in the kitchen to make a delicious home-cooked meal. Elevate your dinner by incorporating fresh, local ingredients you picked up from the Tybee Island farmers market.
A Guide to Shopping the Market
Every year from March to October, visitors and locals flock to the Tybee Lighthouse to shop at the local farmers market. Open Mondays from 4 to 7 p.m., this seasonal market brings together a wide range of local farmers and growers, food producers, and artisans.
Stock up on baked goods, local vegetables and fruits, sauces and jams, art, vintage items, and more from amazing vendors, including:
- Larry Tuten Farms: offering fruits and vegetables
- Cordes Farms: fresh baked goods and locally grown produce
- Alake’s Georgia: shelled and unshelled pecans, along with candied flavors
- Savannah Signature Sweets: “Southern Slush” frozen wine mixes and fresh lemonade
- Isreally Good Hummus: hummus in a variety of flavors
- Tee’s Bees: honey and honey products
- Nina Louisa: hand-made unique craftwork and arts
- Dr. Alice Gerber: a local artist who donate proceeds to fight Parkinson’s Disease
- M&K Hobby Market: beach artwork and jewelry made from recycled wood
After stopping by the market, have fun back at your rental whipping up traditional Georgia dishes like Southern Fried BLT, Southern Peach Cobbler, or a low country boil.
There is also a range of special events that take place throughout the season. Check the Facebook page for any updates regarding changes to planned events.
Make Memories at Your Tybee Beach Rental
With so many different adventures to enjoy during your stay on Tybee Island, there’s no shortage of fun to be had. Whether you’re visiting with friends or family, a quiet night is sometimes the perfect way to break up all the activities. Spend a night relaxing in your vacation rental from Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals cooking a meal together. This is the perfect way to reflect on the adventures so far and the ones you have yet to embark on.
With a wide range of rental options, including cottages and houses, condos, pet-friendly rentals, or rentals with a pool, we have the ideal rental for your next North Carolina coast getaway. Call 800-967-4433 to learn more about our accommodations and special offers.